please don’t be fooled by our lack of christmas card & letter,
we were definitely thinking of you.
we were wishing you a very merry christmas from seattle.
we even meant to send you a card, well, an e-card.
we just got a little sidetracked by a neighboring country to the south.
- listening to the ocean under a full moon
- snazzily dressed mariachis serenading you
- all the 2010 hats and noisemakers you could want
- watching great shows like iCarly being broadcast by the projector before the mexican station count down takes over
- resort staff trying to dance with you while you are dancing with your husband
- drinking as much mysterious jugo verde as you like – it is apparently good for your “livers”
- dancing in a conga line headed up by brasilian drummers
- a mexican rock band playing great american covers like, “heeeet me witch your best e-shot!” and other favorites like, “e-sweet home ah-lah-baaaa-mah”
- getting a bag of grapes* and then throwing those grapes at the champagne tower**
- being dowsed in champagne at midnight – really, it is awesome***
*traditionally each person eats twelve grapes before midnight, making a wish with each grape.
**i did not throw my grapes, but the same cannot be said for everyone in our family. some grapes may have even made contact with the champagne tower.
***i actually ran screaming in the opposite direction of the dousing but still came under fire.