- i cleaned out one of our freezers and made an inventory.
- in the process i pulled out six frozen bananas and set them on the counter to defrost.
- i cleaned the kitchen and was about to clean the stove but then decided to make a huge pot of lentil soup instead.
- christian was mad i froze half the soup.
- i texted becky to see if you could freeze banana bread batter, rather than cooking the loaves and then freezing them.
- i ran out of time and decided to make the bread on sunday.
- i got caught up on thank you cards and made more thank you cards.
becky responded and said she wasn’t sure, which is what i found in my online research as well. but becky also assumed i was in labor, because why else would i ask about freezing batter rather than just cooking the bread?
i laughed off her query. the babyo actually seemed quite content to stay inside.
sunday came and i made a decision that would be my last time at church if i was still pregnant the following sunday. i couldn’t handle all the same comments about me still being pregnant or how i was feeling. i was feeling ready to be done being pregnant and at the same time scared out of my brains to make that happen.
it turns out i didn’t have time to make the banana bread on sunday either. monday. i’ll make it monday, i planned.
but that night the babyo seemed to be crazier than normal. i had a hard time falling asleep. at 12:30am when my water broke i thought about those bananas.
i made sure to put them back in the freezer before we headed to the hospital.